You might not know the importance of time management now but that is one of the top secret of greatness.
Time is a universal phenomenon, which divides the day into twenty-four hours. It marks seasons and periods. Some important things to note about time is that it is open to everyone. Yes it is! Every living person has equal share of time, no one has more time than the other, but the way and manner each person makes use of his time matters alot.
Many have been involved in wrong business, jobs, or activities that have wasted their time. The painful thing is that, opportunities don’t come the same way all the time.
Some people waste their time on things that do not matter much while others maximize theirs. It is not a matter of how much busy a person seems to be within a given time, period or season that matters but what is achieved. What matters is whether the achievement is equal to the time invested.
The ants have great deal of understanding with regards to time management. They gather in plenty and keep ahead of time of scarcity of which other animals don’t do. They work while others eat and eat while others are working.
Time management is a very important skill that most people lack and have difficulty in improving. They constantly stumble on seeking the ways in which they can utilize their Time.
There are however, numerous ways time management can be properly understood for maximum performance and Achievement.
7 basic methods that works in most situations
- Planning: He who fails to plan, plans to fail is a popular and we’ll known adage. Most people subconsciously fail to plan, how? They feel they can just get by anyhow, or they can wait for people to do it for them, or they’ll say “there’s time, there still time” By the time they realize it, it’s already too late for them to achieve that thing. Successful men are those who spend their time planning and strategizing. They work when others are sleeping and rest when others are sleeping. Notice I used the word “Rest” There’s a big difference between rest and sleep for a successful man. Thank God for ICT, we now have improved ways of doing things. With your smartphones or tablet, you can easily schedule your activities with app such as your notepads, or even your calendar, they provide you with such advantage. Schedule and plan ahead. Don’t always allow things catch you unawares. If things meet you unawares, you’ll miss great opportunities in life. Aliko Dangote and the rest we celebrate today didn’t become successful by chance, they planned ahead and prepared for it. It’s called time management
- Prioritize your plans: In as much as it’s good to plan, know how to fix those plans in accordance of their importance and your strength as well. Sometimes, achievement comes in stages. Take your time, little by little to achieve them without rushing. It’s advisable to do one thing at a time. Be knowledgeable in most things but be a master in your field. No knowledge is waste but don’t try to always rush into anything that comes your way. Have a scale of preference and work with it. Even the Holy book in Habakkuk 2:2 says, “write the vision and make it plain that he may run that reads it.”
- Avoid Distractions: Distraction comes in diversities of ways. It’s our duty to avoid them. You cannot prevent them from coming to you sometimes, but you can prevent it from affecting you. Today, social media is a distraction for many and at the same time, it’s a jackpot for many, our mobile phones are also distractions to us, our friends can also be distractions to us. In as much as that thing might benefit others, it may not benefit you so just back out; it’s a waste of time. The present economic crisis in the country is badly affecting individuals and so, some might just be busy doing just anything. Don’t be! Do what is profitable to you and is helpful. Look for that thing that gives you joy and peace, that you’re good at and build yourself there instead.
- Delegate: Consider this little analysis; we all have 24 hours a day right? Now, if you’re to do all you have in mind to do, you might not finish it that day or it can take you days, months, even years to achieve it reasons because you’re doing it yourself but by the time you create a system whereby you get people involved and responsible, you’ll have that thing done in a more shorter period of time. You can’t do everything that comes your way even when it’s profitable to you, get someone to do it for you. You’ll end up having two results at a time.
- Learn to say NO sometimes: Don’t get enough things on your plate at a time, it’s not healthy. Don’t always be in pressure of doing things yourself or accepting offers from others. Spend time on things relevant to you and say NO to others. It’s perfectly owk to say no even to offers you feel overwhelmed about. Too much work load reduces your level of productive.
- Set Realistic Goal: What you can do, do. What you can’t, wait until you can do it or just let it pass. Don’t eat more than you can chew! You’re not in a competition with anyone on Earth. That which is within your sphere and you’re sure of achieving it, set a target for it and get it. However, nothing is too big or too small to achieve in life, only set your heart on it and work towards it.
- Stay Healthy and Stress-free: The treatment you give to your body, determine how it responds back to you. If you let your body suffer so much stress without rest, you alone will enjoy the pains, not even your boss will carry it for you. Eat healthy, stay healthy. Time management is important to the body not just to your pocket. Have good practice of taking care of yourself for long life and more productivity.
Many are supposed to be making millions by now but because of wrong decisions they took before, they’re stock in poverty.
Make use of time and opportunity you have now to improve yourself so that you can be more relevant to the society.
Don’t waste more time. Start doing something productive, either business, learning a skill, giving out value to people etc. Just get started today!
Please share this with your friends on social media. Thank you!